The BC Renaissance Capital Fund (BCRCF) invests in venture capital (VC) funds as a limited partner. Our fund managers have offices in British Columbia, across Canada and in Silicon Valley. The BCRCF has two portfolios. Both are managed by Kensington Capital Partners. Portfolio 1 includes investments made in nine funds managed by eight fund managers. Portfolio 2, BC Tech Fund, actively invests in BC based VC funds and co-invests in BC based companies.
The funds BCRCF invests in target a range of technology sectors with a particular focus on information and communications technology, digital media, life sciences and clean technologies.
Our funds provide investment at various stages, from seed funding to expansion financing. BCRCF invests on standard venture capital industry terms and conditions and follows private equity industry best practices for information disclosure, due diligence and active monitoring of fund performance.
To date, the BCRCF has supported economic development in British Columbia in the following ways:
– $98 million has been invested by the BCRCF into BCRCF Fund Managers.
– $197 million has been invested by BCRCF Fund Managers into BC-based companies.
– Syndicate partners have invested $527 million into these same BC-based companies.
– Total investment in BC-based companies by BCRCF Fund Managers and syndicate partners is $724 million.
– These BC-based companies employ 1,371 people.